Friday, March 11, 2016

Welcome to the Dollhouse

Written by: Pomelote

Hiya. I’m Pomelote. I'm new here. I’ll be the newest writer for Otakunuts until some fresher meat comes along. Anyway, for the time being, I’ll be translating and recapping the latest chapters of my current favourite series, Kasane. I hope you’ll like it as much as I do! 

A... typical scene from Kasane?
Of course, that series won’t last forever, so there's a second purpose to this introductory post: to let anyone interested know that I’m happy to take requests for manga recaps. My preference is for material that isn’t currently available in English, whether translated officially or by scanlation groups, but if it’s something that is already translated and you’re dying to have it recapped, I’m sure we can work something out! Oh, and my fancy is easily tickled by horror and ghost stories, if that’s a good starting point. 

Here’s a short list of some on-going and completed manga that I follow/have read that I’ll probably fall back on if nobody has any special requests: 

絶叫学級 (Zekkyou Gakkyuu - Screaming Lessons) (Completed series, but only scanlated up to volume 11, out of 20)
絶叫学級転生 (Zekkyou Gakkyuu Tensei - Screaming Lessons, Reincarnated) (On-going series, not available in English)
黒鷺死体宅配便 (Kurosagi Shitai Takuhaibin - Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service) (Officially translated, but very far behind, and volume 21 is due out in a few months)
プロチチ(Puro Chichi - Professional Father/Pro Dad) (Completed series, but not available in English)
妖怪番長 (Youkai Banchou - Youkai Leader of the Pack) (On-going series, not available in English yet)
ランド (Rando - Land) (On-going series, not available in English yet)
ペン太のこと (Penta no Koto - All About Penta) (On-going series, not available in English yet, but pretty lightweight and not really suited to recaps)
会社の奴には絶対知られたくない (Kaisha no Yatsu ni ha Zettai Shiraretakunai - The people at work don’t want to be known at all) (Completed one-shot, but not available in English)

Well, thanks for reading! See you in the comments!



Pomelote
Pomelote is the physical embodiment of first-world millenial entitlement. You can contact her on Skype with the name suukebind or Twitter at @poorlicoricekid, if you know any good spam bots. When she has free time, she enjoys putting gross, chewed gum in people's freezers and using their floss without asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment